Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My Very First Projects

A Hat that wished to be something else .....

This was to be a hat. It was my first project after teaching myself to crochet. It took me awhile and then I realized I was making the hat too small. This was because my stitches run too tight. Instead of unraveling it, I thought I would turn it into a stuffed doll. And this was the result. I improvised on the arms, tail, cape, mask, and wrist bands. Not too bad for a beginner.









First hat and scarf
....

This "set" taught me that I should always have the right amount yarn on hand for the projects when planning to make a set. I think the rose is too big. I was going to give them to a girl I know, but I am not sure. The scarf is way long as you can see on my "three year old" doll (who I have had since I was 5 years old).

I used two shades of yellow to add depth on the rose. The Pattern you can find on Crochet Spot by Rachel Choi.

The hat pattern can be found on Head Huggers website. It is called Double Crochet Hat Pattern by Sharen Stennet.

The scarf is a pattern I got from the book kit I taught myself Crochet (Boye #6397) on page 25. It is called Ruffled Skinny Scarf by Kim Biddix. I got my book kit from Walmart.

2 comments: